Monday, October 4, 2010

And we're back!




Let's just say life has been pretty go-go-go since we've been back. Which, I think has been a blessings. With so much to do, I haven't had much time to think about missing "home". (But, every now and again, that feeling of homesickness creeps back and I enjoy thinking of all the great memories we had this summer).

As I sat here doing some work on the computer, I realized how unusually quiet it was for a Monday afternoon. Something must be wrong. So, I got up to check on the kids and there sat Samuel with his legos, Emmy was in the kitchen playing with the dishes and Sofia was downstairs with her barbies. At that moment there was peace. But, it made me realize that this is kind of how my life seems sometimes. Three different kids, three different directions, with a million and one things on her to-do-list. It feels like I'm being tugged and pulled sometimes. But, the secret is to find those moments of peace. Life is good.

I also just wanted to say that I LOVE our little townhouse! It is so great. It's not a "dream house" but we just love it. There are projects and renovating that we're working on every night. I feel like Mary and George in It's a Wonderful Life. It's great!

Anyway, more will come. Life as a mother is a busy one.

4 comments:

The P*dunc's said...

I know everyone loved your visit to Utah. I bet your mom doesn't know what to do with her quiet house. I told her that she could rent my kids for a week, if she wants to.

p.s. Your father in law gave a great talk yesterday. It was so fun to see him on TV.

Charity said...

I'm sad I couldn't see you while you were here, but I'm glad you had a good trip. Thats fun that you have a place of your own to work on and do projects on. It was fun seeing your father in law- I just kept thinking that Chris looks just like him. Glad you are enjoying your busy life and finding the peaceful moments! With #3 on the way I'm sure those will be even harder to find:) Love you!

Carolina said...

I am glad you are enjoying your new place and that you don't feel overwhelmed with the projects you want to do!
I am so impressed that not one of your kids were into anything bad when the house was so quiet... when our home is quiet something is ALWAYS up that shouldn't be... I guess you just have good kids because you and Chris are so good :) We miss you.

Erin said...

yay for your town house. yay for projects. yay for life...right?