Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sofia and Samuel-isms

While getting ready for church one Sunday, Samuel said, "wow, Sofia, what a pretty dress you have!" Sofia was mad about something and angrily replied, "NO, Fia's not have pretty dress!!!". Without skipping a beat, Samuel came back with, in the same sweet innocent tone, "wow, Sofia what a not-pretty dress you have!" (all said in Swedish)

Sofia: "Mommy, Fia's bum went gas..."

Samuel saw a missionary picture of Chris and asked if it was daddy in the picture. I explained that when daddy was younger he was a missionary. Samuel proudly said, "ya, and when I get younger, I'm going to be a missionary too, huh mom?" 

Sofia noticed a piece of my hair in the bathtub after I had taken a shower. She leaned over the bathtub to pick it up and said, "oh no, mommy, Fia's hair falling out!" 

Samuel was showing off his muscles one day and I commented on how strong he was. But, then he looked at his stomach and said, "ya, but I don't have those little balls on my tummy like daddy". (Talk about ego-booster for Chris!) :) 

Sofia had put her little baby doll in the stroller one day as we were heading out to pick up Samuel from school. I asked her if she wanted to lay next to the baby in the stroller and she said, "Fia's not baby. Fia's growing up!" 

It's amazing sometimes what can come out a two year old and to see how the mind of a four year old works! They're so cute!

2 comments:

Alyce said...

Love your "ism's". Kids do say the darndest things...and it is fun for Grandma's and Grandpa's and Aunt's and Uncle's to hear them!

Love your blog.

Carolina said...

Those sure are cute "isms". I can only imagine how proud Christoffer was to hear about his muscular stomach :)