Sunday, April 12, 2009

Hot Dogs and Candy


The sun has continued to shine and the feeling of Spring is most definitely in the air. I am lovin' it! We got to celebrate Easter yesterday with all our cousins over at farmor and farfar's. We had a delicious dinner outside of salmon and potato salad (plus a couple hot dogs for the kids). Sofia and Samuel love getting together with the cousins and yesterday was even more special because they got to eat candy. We've said, birthdays, Easter and Christmas then they can have "real candy". I thought they were both going to puke after how much they ate yesterday, but they LOVED every minute of finding their eggs and devouring as much as they could. Sofia especially enjoyed it since this is the first time in her life she's tasted the "real stuff". So, it was a momentous day yesterday in her little 2 year old life :). Anyway, just wanted to wish you all a happy Easter!!!

(ps. still no baby...)

6 comments:

Carolina said...

Ser harligt ut som vanligt! Vad duktiga ni ar som inte latit Sofia ata godis forran nu. Jag skrattade at att hon proppade i sig det. Christian som ju far ata godis emellanat kunde inte fa i sig sitt snabbt nog (verkade som om han trodde att nagon annan skulle ata upp det om han inte skyndade sig snabbt nog) :)

Carrie and Shane said...

Wow, I really wish I had the will power to eat candy only on Bdays, xmas and easter, let alone regulating my kids candy intake. It will never happen. I can only live vicariously through you and your kids.

Alyce said...

I love family get-togethers! And watching the children play together! I am watching your blog for the baby so I hope Chris will post when it comes. I don't want to wait until you have time to get around to it! Enjoy you Mom! Hope the baby gets there before you Mom does! Love to all of you!

malmfamily said...

Carrie, just because the kids don't eat candy doesn't mean chris and i don't. :)

Erin said...

fun day!! And fun to be with family. NOW WHERES THAT BABY???

Charity said...

So I'm curious how this no candy rule came about, I've thought about such for my kids and then wondered if by not letting them have it much it would become even more desirable (kinda like tv and moroni- do you remember he'd sneak into your house to watch cause he couldn't at home?!) Luv ya (mary I'm dying that you are a week over- ahhh but you sound fine so way to go!