Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Ta-Dah!!!

The wait is finally over. Our little daughter finally made her grand entrance into this world Easter Sunday April 12, 2009. Weighing in at 3970 g (8.7 lbs) and 53 cm (20.8 inch). YEA!!! Everything happened rather quickly. We got to the hospital at 13.15 and by 15.30 she was out :). It still all seems so surreal since the other two took considerably longer. But, i am NOT complaining. Everything went beautifully (as beautifully as giving birth can be) and after two nights at the hospital we arrived home yesterday. We are both doing excellent. This third child is definitely going to be a challenge. Not the baby itself, but her older siblings. Samuel and Sofia are both excited, but are already showing signs of jealousy. Sofia decided to wake up last night at 3:00 am and scream for 2 hours because she wanted to come sleep with us. Unfortunately, the baby was in our bed. It'll be interesting to say the least, but we are so excited to have her and think she is beautiful!!!
ps. we don't have a name yet...suggestions, please...

12 comments:

The P*dunc's said...

Congrats on the beautiful little baby girl! Good luck with the name. I don't know what name would work for her...Cora Jean? I don't know how to spell your mom's name, sorry, but I was hoping for some brownie points from her ;) Let me know how three kids go!

Carrie and Shane said...

Congratulations Malm family. You're right, she is really beautiful. She looks like she has your dark complextion and hair Mary. What a special thing to be born on Easter. Good Luck!

Carrie and Shane said...

p.s Avery's name suggestions are zero (on account of her age) and Lilly.

Vicki said...

Congratulations! She is gorgeous!

As far as names go -- I love Evelyn, Jill, Hayden and Shay... and I second the Cora nomination :) That name was actually on Our list for both Tamsyn and Natasha -- We love the Cora in Last of the Mohicans and both of the girls names come from other classics.

Villeosagamamman said...

GRATTIS!! Helt otroligt vacker unge, men så har hon ju bra gener också. Skönt att allt gick bra, jag tänkte mycket på dig i söndags. Påsksöndagen, en sån dag att födas på!

Namn... Ni gillade INTE Sara, eller hur var det? Det vore fint. Men här kommer några andra: Alice, Siri, Olivia/Livia, Nora, Nina, Naomi, Mira, Miriam, Ida, Ester, Annie...

Lindsay said...

Congrats, Mary! Even though I can't really read the comment above mine, I agree with the names Olivia and Ida (which I assume work in both Swedish and English - since the comment was left in Swedish!) She is so beautiful! I wish I could see her in person!

Erin said...

yay she is here!!!! COngrats to you and your family. SHe is a dolly. so fun and I love that you have 3 kids...how did this happen? (WEll i know how..but you know what i mean)

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys! One name that I wanted to use was Alivia/Olivia or Brianna. Don't know how well both of those names work in Swedish though!

Charity said...

yahooo! I'm very excited that your angel is here :) And that was an impressive labor- shorter the better in my book! Good luck with a name, it took us awhile with our little lady. And 3 kids- pretty neat! She is really pretty- I love all that dark hair. Luv ya

Alyce said...

Congratulations! And she made it before your Mom! Great! I love that it looks like she has more hair than her Dad! Lots of great names have been suggested....I vote for Olivia, but also like Cora or Lilly. Whatever name you pick will fit her perfectly!

Chelli said...

Congrats!!! She is beautiful!

The Lorentz Family said...

WOW!! Stort grattis!!

Kram Linda