Monday, May 23, 2011

2.01



Close to 60,000 signed up with high expectations. A mere 45,000 actually ran. Still one of the world's largest half-marathons! I crossed the finish line disappointedly two minutes over my goal. (Chris ironically finished 2 minutes quicker than planned with 1.28) :) Every time I run this race, I think it's the last time I'll do it. It's a tough race. Lots of ups and downs. The main thing that keeps me going is the crowd. This year, I might be serious. I might just stick with 10km races. Those are fun!

4 comments:

Carolina said...

I am so impressed that you run it every year! I am however sorry you didn't reach your goal this year. But, don't give up. Keep trying. One of these years the number is bound to be those tiny 2 minutes faster. But, you can also visit the US and try another half marathon with less hills (or one with mostly down hills - like down Provo Canyon). Those do wonders for your time!

Lindsay said...

Wow - I'm impressed. I'm quite certain I wouldn't be able to run for two hours straight regardless of how fast or slow I was going!

Emilia said...

Mary, du är grym! Fattar inte hur du kan springa på bara 2 timmar! Du sprang nästan en timme snabbare än jag. :-)

malmfamily said...

visste inte att du sprang Emilia!!! KUL!!! Kändes det bra efteråt? Kommer du springa nästa år?

Två timmar är inte dålig, jag vet, men jag hade under 2 timmar för mål (även om det var bara 1.59!) och därför var lite besviken på mig själv.

Jag tycker att loppet är ganska tuft. Vet inte faktiskt om jag ska springa nästa år. Vi får se. Men, jätte kul att du var med i år!!!!