Thursday, June 24, 2010

Dates with Mommy

The other day, I realized I kept running out every couple days leaving Samuel and Sofia and Emmy with Grandma or David so i could do some shopping. So, the other day, I decided to take two days and take my kids out for lunch separately. It was a lot of fun and they felt so special. On mine and Samuel's date, he confided in me that he wanted to take dance classes, so he could dance real cool with an electrical guitar and have everyone cheer for him and that he no longer wants to be called Samuel, but only Sam. Sofia didn't confide anything, but found a "super cute care bear t-shirt that she just loved so so much and wanted to get because Grandma has so many cute care bears!" My mom was proud of her. :) It was fun. (we obviously went to Taco Bell on both occasions so I could give my children that American experience...not many taco places in Sweden.)

4 comments:

russinet said...

What great dates!

Lindsay said...

My kids seem to morph into their best selves when I get them one-on-one... I wish I could make it happen more often!!! Glad you had fun.

Carolina said...

I love that you are taking the time one on one with the kids and doing something American! They need that part of their heritage :)

Karin S said...

Your kids are so dang cute! It has been so fun having you here! Lunch was just like old times! You are the GREATEST mom ever! I want to grow up to be just like you! Love ya!