Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day

This year for Memorial Day, we all went up to Great Grandpa Alder's and spent the morning doing yard work and the afternoon having a BBQ and enjoying our cousins we haven't seen in a long time! It was so great for me to be able to be around the cousins again and just hang out. I really like my family.

When we went to the cemetery and Samuel saw all the American flags, he wondered where the Swedish flags were. It's been interesting being here, especially celebrating this American holiday. I'm glad my kids are being exposed to their American roots. Yesterday Steve took Steve out and taught him baseball and American football. Samuel's a fan.

Wish I had more time to write. I have had so many thoughts and feelings....






I'm re

1 comment:

Carolina said...

I know how you feel and how important it is that they get to experience the "other culture" in their heritage. It looks as if you are using the time well! ENJOY your time with your family! Hopefully we can see you a little in August when we come up?!